Sneinton Eco Council
'BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS AND DO THE WORK.'
1 Chronicles 28:20
We are the Sneinton Eco Council 2020-21!
Our role in school is to raise awareness of climate change, recycling, composting, littering and planting around school. We meet once a fortnight on a Tuesday afternoon in the community room to discuss and explore eco issues and how we can address it as a school community.
Our committee consists of 14 children and Mrs Massey the Eco Lead. We would also like to recruit some more adults from our school community this year.
Please contact Mrs Massey for more details.
This year our Eco projects include…
- Recycling in our classrooms and kitchens
- Composting and linking to the local allotments next door
- Praying about climate change and Eco issues, asking ourselves: “What does the bible tell us about how to be stewards of the world?"
- Planting spring bulbs and growing some vegetables and sunflowers
- Creating an Eco council interactive display board
- Recycling our old clothes to other countries and local charity shops
- Selling up cycled uniform from our playground and encouraging donations
- 'Bring a piece of litter from our walk to school' day
- Working towards our Eco schools flag
Eco Council in the news:
You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
you put everything under their feet:
all flocks and herds,
and the animals of the wild,
the birds in the sky,
and the fish in the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.
Links to the UN Sustainable Development Goals 2030: